Saturday, July 4, 2015

happy mister and missus


This wedding was twenty-three (ish?) years in the making. I met Steph and Kyle before I met my husband, and they've been a great part of our story as a couple. The love that these two share, the patience and support they have for one another, made them such great models for lasting couplehood, and this summer, my husband and I have hit sixteen years together. It was such an absolute treat to celebrate them on this day. I read a poem I wrote for them at the ceremony, which was such a gift to be able to do.


The ceremony was at the bride's sister's home--I'm not sure if it's a farm, though I do know the bride comes from dairy farmers, and the land was fantastically gorgeous and perfect for this kind of event, with nooks for camping, a little dock on a pond full of frogs, a huge hill for rolling and sledding down, a great swing set, a small beach and a paddleboat. One of those dreamy places for children to romp. Ours certainly did, particularly my daughter, who bested the bigger boys and caught so many frogs we lost count.


No comments: